026: A Message of Hope and Strength From Willie Murphy, an 83-yr-old Bada$$
A lot of people are hurting right now. Humans are feeling exhausted and angry that other humans, Black people are STILL losing their lives to state-sanctioned violence and racism.
And with the pandemic, families have been torn apart.
The news, the images, the posts, it’s a lot, and it’s painful.
I felt like this was a good time to share something that feels good to hear, because it’s ok to wanna look around for inspiration and hope especially in a time when we feel like the earth is shaking beneath us.
Back in January of 2016, I had interviewed (for my old podcast I’m Enough), a woman by the name of Willie Murphy.
At the time, she was 80 years old, today, she’s 83.
Willie started power-lifting at the young age of 74! (I just found out that in December of 2019, she beat up a burglar!)
She caught my attention because of her powerful life story that I inspired me to believe that it’s NEVER too late.
So I thought I’d share this conversation with you as a way to bring a glimmer of hope that:
As a society, it’s
Never too late to be better.
Never too late to do better.
Never too late to see better.
And in the case of Willie,
It’s never too late to get stronger.
Want to listen to more episodes?
- 029: Are You Caught in a Cycle of False Starts?
- 028: Season 2 Finale: Seasons 3 & 4 and Trust
- 027: If I can do it… A message from a girl who used to get distracted by the wind
- 026: A Message of Hope and Strength From Willie Murphy, an 83-yr-old Bada$$
- 025: The Honest Truth of What it Takes to Make it Online with Caroline Onyedinma